[OSGeo-Conf] Initial Update and Requests from Dar es Salaam 2018

Mark Iliffe markiliffe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 02:49:38 PST 2017

Hello Conference List,

As the co-chair of FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam, I’d like to provide an update on our progress and make a few requests. Currently our LOC is starting on the organising our conference - we’ve already started to reach out throughout the wider local tech/geo ecosystem to seed/raise aware of FOSS4G, formed internal committees around program, logistics and outreach. Hopefully, well ahead of schedule!

In this light, our LOC has a few questions that we’d like to raise:

Who is our nominated liaison on the OSGeo board - assuming this is Maria, but we’d like to confirm.
How can we get access to 2018.foss4g.org? We would like prepare our landing page and outreach blitz in preparation for launch at Boston;

In time, I’m sure we’ll raise more questions, and in my duties as co-chair I’ll keep this list updated with our progress.

Best,

Mark

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook#Website <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook#Website>