[OSGeo-Conf] Initial Update and Requests from Dar es Salaam 2018

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Tue Feb 14 08:49:49 PST 2017

Hi Mark and Dar es Salaam 2018 LOC,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 2:49 AM, Mark Iliffe <markiliffe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Conference List,
>
> As the co-chair of FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam, I’d like to provide an
> update on our progress and make a few requests. Currently our LOC is
> starting on the organising our conference - we’ve already started to reach
> out throughout the wider local tech/geo ecosystem to seed/raise aware of
> FOSS4G, formed internal committees around program, logistics and outreach.
> Hopefully, well ahead of schedule!

Great!

> In this light, our LOC has a few questions that we’d like to raise:
>
> Who is our nominated liaison on the OSGeo board - assuming this is Maria,
> but we’d like to confirm.

I'm not quite sure what you're discussing.  Are you talking about the
financial oversight role that has happened in some past year?  Or are
you talking about a Board member who gives reports to the Board?
There should probably be a motion for that either at the Conference
Committee or Board depending on which of those roles you're
discussing.

> How can we get access to 2018.foss4g.org? We would like prepare our landing
> page and outreach blitz in preparation for launch at Boston;

This and really all OSGeo infrastructure requests or questions go
through an OSGeo SAC ticket,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC#Task_Tracking.  Make sure to set the
component or they might not get it.  Referencing similar old SAC
tickets could be useful too,
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/search?q=dns+foss4g&noquickjump=1&ticket=on

You bring up Boston which is great.  You'll want to coordinate with
them until the conclusion of the 2017 event.

> In time, I’m sure we’ll raise more questions, and in my duties as co-chair
> I’ll keep this list updated with our progress.

Thanks, Eli