[OSGeo-Conf] travel grant program, FOSS4G SotM Oceania

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 23:23:08 PDT 2018

g’day conference_dev

We are in the process of setting up a joint FOSS4G and State of the Map
conference for the Oceania region in November this year.

I’m writing to ask if, and how we could utilise the OSgeo travel grant
program.

We would love to support attendees from remote Australian communities; and
further afield (pacific islands/rest of Oceania). We’ve proposed a ‘good
mojo’ contribution for conference sponsors, which is specifically targeted
at assisting with travel and measures to help a diverse audience to attend
(on top of aiming for some funding from general sponsorship and ticket
sales).

However, we have no idea if that will raise enough to get anyone to the
conference - and accessing the OSgeo program would help provide some
certainty about how many people we could help with travel and registration.

Also, we would appreciate advice on how many travel grants are a good
number to offer for a regional conference (we forecast for 150-200
attendees at the moment).

Your thoughts appreciated!

Adam
(sponsorship lead)
(cc John Bryant and Alex Leith, conference co-chairs)

--
Adam Steer
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adam_Steer