[OSGeo-Conf] Final Result on RfP 2020

michael terner ternergeo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 12:25:35 PST 2018

Congratulations to all who participated in the competition to host FOSS4G
2020. The strength of all LOI's and particularly of the 2 proposals of the
finalists is an indicator of the overall health and strength of this
ecosystem. Indeed, it was a very difficult choice to make as it is clear
both teams would have hosted a super event.

Again, congratulations to all, and big kudos to *Calgary *on winning the
vote. See you in Alberta in 2020!

MT

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 6:57 PM Andy Anderson <aanderson at amherst.edu> wrote:

> Congratulations, Calgary!
>
> Much as I like Halifax, I was kind of hoping the conference might end up
> in Alberta, having just seen this article today about the “mummified”
> dinosaur now on display at the nearby Royal Tyrrell Museum of
> Palaeontology! [1]
>
> — Andy
>
> [1]
> https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/06/dinosaur-nodosaur-fossil-discovery/
>

> On Dec 13, 2018, at 4:12 PM, Jonathan Neufeld <jneufeld at tecterra.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Thank you very much for placing your trust in Calgary, we are excited to
> welcome you in 2020!
> I also want to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of the teams from
> both Halifax and Niagara – you put forward excellent proposals.
>
> On behalf of the Calgary LOC I hope that everyone has a wonderful
> Christmas.
>
> Cheers,
> Jon

Michael Terner