[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] Request for support of FOSS4G SotM Oceania community day

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Tue Jul 31 02:40:05 PDT 2018

Dear @Board, @ConfCom

AFAIK there is still some TGP money left (we spent 10 out of 20k on the
global TGP, but nothing for any regional event yet). I would suggest to
accept this request, as it is not too much money and then use it in
order to promote this as a "sign" to other regional/local event
organizers...

What we need is a procedure on how to decide on such requests in general
- if we make a frist comes/first-run serves on TGP money, we will
probably run out of money quite early and events earlier in the year are
prefered.

Perhaps we could get the regional events on requesting for money in
advance before a defined deadline, so we can have an overview on all
regional events that request for TGP money once a year and then decide
on it? Maybe somehow difficult to handle, but in the end the same
procedure as the call for locations for the global event.

Maybe a point to be discussed in Dar?

Till