[OSGeo-Conf] LoI's on RfP 2020 - Question period until 12th of October

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 07:00:55 PDT 2018

Calgary, Halifax and Niagara

Thank you for your letters of interest. It is fantastic that we have three great teams proposing to host FOSS4G2020

Some questions from me:

Niagara and Halifax your proposed dates are 14-19 September. These dates overlap with the start of the jewish festivals on the evening of the 18th which may prevent some potential delegates from attending. Is there any potential to change?
Niagara - you say "The Niagara Falls LOC has budgeted a similar registration fee schedule as Boston 2017 and estimates a modest profit” there has been a lot of discussion about making FOSS4G more affordable, do you have any thoughts on this?
Calgary -  "early bird registration will be approximately $650.00 US while regular conference fee would be $800.00 US” there has been a lot of discussion about making FOSS4G more affordable, do you have any thoughts on this?

May the FOSS be with you all
______
Steven