[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G-Halifax 2020 Answers: Steven

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Oct 7 16:10:20 PDT 2018

Dear Steven,

First, Karine and I would like to both say that we are honoured to be
with such a high class of local committee teams such as Calgary and Niagara.

Thank you for mentioning that Jewish festivals for Rosh Hashana begin on
the evening of the 18th.  We have a backup date reserved with the Nova
Centre venue for 31 August to 5 September, so it is possible to change
our dates.  When we were looking at possible venues about 6 months ago,
our vision was to leverage a mid-September date to additionally allow
for university students and pre-university students to be involved, but
also because the local weather is best in mid-September (a lot less
rain, bringing beautiful fall/autumn colours and sunshine to the
Atlantic Canada region).  We the FOSS4G-HFX team will continue to
analyze our dates closely.  For the record, using our initially proposed
dates, the 19th (Saturday) would be the community sprint.  We will try
to be accommodating as possible.

Thank you,

-Karine Jean & Jeff McKenna
co-chairs, FOSS4G-HFX 2020