[OSGeo-Conf] Vote stage 1 on RfP 2020 before 19th of October

Renschler, Christian rensch at buffalo.edu
Mon Oct 22 08:34:38 PDT 2018

Dear All,
Dear Till,

Congratulations to the Halifax and Calgary Teams for advancing to the next round. Best wishes and we look forward attending your meeting in 2020.

Despite the technical difficulties we had to get access to edit the Wiki, we hope that this did not influence the committee members decision and that we get another chance to host the FOSS4G international conference sometime in the near future.

The “zero" vote was quite disappointing and some more details would be helpful.

We would appreciate any constructive feedback from the voting committee members (as well as our friendly competitors) to present a more attractive proposal next time.

Please send us directly your constructive criticism, helpful comments and any suggestions for a more attractive future bid to: Brad (huntersrow64 at gmail.com<mailto:huntersrow64 at gmail.com>) and Chris (rensch at buffalo.edu<mailto:rensch at buffalo.edu>).

It would be great if you could particularly comment on the idea of an inclusive, bi-national bid for the conference or related concerns.

Best wishes to all of you making FOSS4G a continued success,
Brad Berg (Canada Co-Chair) &
Chris Renschler (US Co-Chair).