[OSGeo-Conf] MOTION: To Accept Nomination of Gérald Fenoy as new member of CC

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Mon Sep 10 03:26:41 PDT 2018

Maxi,

in general I have no issues with open votes - the past two votes
(Boston+Dar chairs) I called for, were open votes.

Proposing secret votes is more, because I followed the guidelines
written on the WIKI (they say, it's a secret vote).

What I fear somehow is that when we come to vote on other persons than
former chairs, it might happen, that people also might vote against
single persons and I do not want to create issues among people in our
comunity.

There might arise these problems in the fact that we are voting on
people in public. If you take the charter or board vote, then you always
vote "for" persons, never against someone, but this can happen here. And
so disagreements may arise between members in our community, although it
could be that I appreciate someone, but don't think he/she is suitable
for membership in the CC.

So, my proposal is: If we vote "public", I suggest that we vote active
"for" new members, which might mean, that proposed people need at least
50.1% of "yes" votes among all voting members (e.g. 9 yes votes if we
would be 17 members). The difference is, that if you are not for a clear
"yes", you just do not vote (or you just don't care ... ;-)).

Till