[OSGeo-Conf] Motion: Membership in CC

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Tue Sep 11 23:59:48 PDT 2018

Dear ConfComm,

last topic today: Membership in CC.

Past chairs of a global conference are automatically asked to become
members of CC. If they agree, they are proposed as new members to CC and
voted. If there are proposals for other, non-former-global chair people
as new members, please propose them on the list after the global
conference is over and prior to the RfP for the next FOSS4G (maybe this
year we make an exception and extend this phase until the end of September).

There has also been some discussion on the election procedure. I would
propose the following procedure:

We are currently 19 members. If a candidate receives at least 10 "+1"
votes on the mailing list within 7 days after being proposed, the
candidate will be accepted as a new member. With this procedure you can
actively vote *for* a candidate, but you don't have to actively vote
*against* someone.  Of course, the right of a veto ("-1") is retained,
but, as always, a "-1" must be justified and if possible, an alternative
proposal must be given. If this does not happen, the veto will be ignored.

Regarding the election procedure, I have the following proposal: If you
want to vote publicly, you can do so just by sending an email to this
list. Alternatively, in case of a proposed candidate, I will name 2
election assistants, to whom a vote can be sent by e-mail. At the end of
the election period we receive only the number of the "+1" votes without
names of the voters from them.

Vetoes must be publicly justified.

Please vote on ths proposal until 19th of September, if we agree in this
procedure, I can do the changes in the WIKI [1].

Till

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members