[OSGeo-Conf] Motion: Membership in CC

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:56:13 PDT 2018

On 14/9/18 11:14 am, Eli Adam wrote:
> I've never thought that committee membership is needed to make
> productive contributions to the committee and work.  Many non-members
> have over the years made significant contributions and I value those.
This group coordinates multiple tasks, and we are proposing criteria for
voting membership upon qualification to vote on international conference
selection.
I think we can resolve our concerns by having two membership statuses:
1. Exclusive voting membership for FOSS4G venue selection (using some
rule system like already proposed).
2. Membership for voting on everything else.

Personally, I'm only interested in 2.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier