[OSGeo-Conf] Application of FOSs4G Bucharest for TGP

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 12:02:31 PDT 2019

Jonathan, I think that a goal of reducing CO2 from travel is admirable,
and something that we should consider incorporating into our FOSS4G
Cookbook. It conveniently aligns with promoting regional events and
reducing travel costs for people by promoting regional events. It also
aligns with Vasile's focus on promoting local attendance.

I'd be wary of retrospectively imposing extra rules on FOSS4G 2019, and
should not delay making a +1, -1 decision on this vote, but could be
provided as a suggestion which might or might not be adopted.

If we feel strongly about encouraging this topic, we should do the
research in advance.

* What are the travel implications (such as time taken and cost) for
different travel options from different catchment areas for the conference?

* Can people purchase CO2 offset for travel tickets? How much would that
add?

Johathan, would you be interested in providing such research? (It would
make your suggestion easier to be considered effectively, as FOSS4G
organising committee are likely too overworked to take on extra tasks.)