[OSGeo-Conf] Budget 2020

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 01:15:15 PST 2019

Vasile, Msilikale

The Board have requested budget submissions by 31st December 2019, see https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2020 <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2020>

In 2019 we had a $25k budget for the Travel Grant Programme, which we did not fully utilise (I think we managed to spend about $15-18k).

Our TGP is allocated 50-60% to the global event and 40-50% to regional events (we only had one or two regional events applying). It is a condition that the organising committee contributes an equal amount of cash sponsorship plus free conference passes to receive TGP funding.

We have not yet had a discussion with the Calgary team about their ambitions for a TGP for FOSS4G2020, I suggest that we request the same budget as 2019 and work harder at promoting TGP funding to regional events.
______
Steven

Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org <http://mappery.org/>

Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild <http://eepurl.com/dKStT-/>” newsletter