[OSGeo-Conf] Please comment: Invitation for application for support for TGP of a regional event

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Mon Feb 11 05:48:53 PST 2019

Dear CC!

Please find below nmy draft I'd like to sent out to the community
regarding applications for support of regional travel grant programms.

Are there any comments? If not, I will send this text out on wednesday
this week. At least, it would be good if any native speaker would
correct my german-english stuff ;-)

Till

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear OSGeo community!

We as the OSgeo Conference Committee are convinced that most of you have
already been to one of the many FOSS4G events taking place all over the
world. We are also sure, that you also think, that FOSS4G events are an
important part of our Open Source community culture.

There have been several events in the past where members of our
community have been able to participate through a Travel Grant Program
(TGP).

The OSGeo Board has taken this into account by releasing a TGP budget
for 2019 and has given OSGeo's CC the task of supporting TGP's on both a
global and regional level. We as OSGeo CC hereby call upon you to apply
to promote your TGP at your regional FOSS4G event. We have collected
some information on this in the OSGeo WIKI under [1].

If you want to apply for support money for your TGP taking place in 2019
or early 2020, please write a short informal application to the OSGeo
Conference Committee (or to me directly) stating the event and the
expected number of participants until *8th of March 2019*.

The amount of support depends on the number of applications and your
expected number of participants. If we receive too many applications and
thus it does not make sense to support all events with a small amount,
the decision will be made by lot.

Kind regards,

Till

as chair of OSGeo's Conference committee

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programs_Cookbook