[OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 18:32:59 PST 2019

John - the TGP cookbook might need a content manager/curator, which you and
Steven seem to have self-selected for. Anyone can still edit the wiki pages
if they have an OSGeo wiki account - but it seems the type of document
which needs a curator (anyone can suggest change, but curators put to
discussion and implement the result). I see there’s a ‘discussion’ tab on
the wiki page - have other parts of OSGeo used that effectively?

Cheers, and great work all.

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 09:49, John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com> wrote:

> *Cameron: Till, I provided feedback into the Google Docs version (now more
>> recent than the wiki)*
>>
> Hi Cameron, I've incorporated almost all of your suggestions into the
> latest version of the wiki, so it should be in sync with the Google doc.
>
> I'm not sure of the best way to go forward with collaborative editing
> here... the Google doc is IMHO far superior for group editing, but the wiki
> is the master. It's a little bit convoluted to port the G doc to the wiki,
> requires some manual handling to maintain formatting.
>
> I turned off the ability for anyone to comment on the Google doc so that
> it's not a matter of repeatedly (manually) re-formatting the same content,
> and also potentially ending up with a versioning problem where edits are
> being made in 2 places. But it would be great to figure out a collaborative
> process that works for everybody? Is there a norm here?
>

> *Steven: We need to be conscious of the likely volume of applicants for
>> the global event, selection criteria have to enable selectors to reduce ca
>> 180-200 applicants by 80-85% *
>> *For regional events the numbers are smaller and selectors can have more
>> personalised  flexibility*
>>

> For reference, the Oceania 2018 TGP received about 45 applications despite
> a fairly rushed intake. As we develop our regional program this will likely
> increase, but this is still going to be a modest number compared to, say,
> what FOSS4G Asia might face (with a vastly larger population).
>

> Cheers
> John

Dr. Adam Steer
http://spatialised.net