[OSGeo-Conf] PRE Conference FOSS4G/ OSGEO LATAM 2019

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 05:57:10 PST 2019

Dear Juan Manuel,

I am a bit confused, maybe you can help me. The working meeting event you
are referring is this one, right? http://foss4g-ar.org/

About the OSGeo Perú I see you have an OSGeo Perú Facebook account and an
intention to create a chapter in 2014, but that was never formalized,
right? Do you intent to pursue this further and become an official chapter
as Argentina just did?

About the FOSS4G Perú, I have been trying to get some information as I
wasn't aware of it besides the intention to get into the global FOSS4G and
a conference back in 2014. I can only find things in facebook, is that
right? Am I missing some other channel of communication here?

Having more regional conferences is good and I totally encourage you to
continue, but I am a bit worried that this has happened all outside the
OSGeo channels of communication, with not even a note on the Spanish
mailing list (which is the one you are officially covered by at this
moment). Specially worried if it is true that everything is only on
Facebook, which is not a very public and easy to access forum. Do you think
we can improve this and get a better communication from now on with the
rest of OSGeo?

I am worried about LatAm being too disconnected from the general OSGeo and
have been working on the past years to try to reach out, but even then I
wasn't aware we had this working chapter in Perú going on. Please, can you
share more info on what you have been doing and what are your plans for the
future?

Cheers,
María
OSGeo President.