[OSGeo-Conf] OSGeo budget plan request

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 07:22:27 PST 2019

Maria

I have added a line about accommodation. I suggest we leave this fairly open as some events may wish to organise hospitality/couch surfing, others may suggest a hostel.

I think we should recognise that travel grants are unlikely to cover all the costs of people attending a FOSS4G particularly if they are travelling from a different continent. Personally, I think it is important that grant recipients have “skin in the game” and  either partially self fund or raise the money from their employers and local community. It’s up to each LOC to decide whether they want to provide larger levels of funding to a small number of applicants with high travel costs or whether they want to focus on those nearer to the event who need less funding to attend

______
Steven

Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org <http://mappery.org/>
@MapsintheWild <http://twitter.com/mapsinthewild>