[OSGeo-Conf] *IMPORTANT* Upcoming tasks for *RfP 2021*

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Tue Jul 23 23:58:31 PDT 2019

Dear Conference Committee,

as you have seen, I started an early preparation of the Call for
location for 2021 [1], but time is running and we are not too far from
releasing it.

Connected to this, I have the followinfg issues:

1. If you have any issues regarding the time schedule, please stand up
until *monday, 29th of July*.

2. There was a discussion on who is an official voting member of OSGeo's
CC and what happens to those, that do not vote. For this year, I propose
the following:

  2.a. I write an email to all listed members of the committee [2] once
we agreed on the time schedule and ask everyone whether they will
participate in the 2021 election. Anyone who does not respond at least
to another inquiry will be excluded from the electoral process and
deleted from the 2021 voters list in [1].

  2.b. Everybody who agrees to vote but then does not do so without a
valid reason or who does not react at all should explain why still being
listed as a member of the committee or will be asked to resign.

3. There have been some issues discussed on this list on how to change
the RfP document or for adding missing points. For this, we still have
some time, but ....

... following discussions on email lists is always a difficult matter.
So, I created a sub-chapter on CC's WIKI page here [3]. Please feel free
to add your points, that should be added to the RfP document [4] until
*7th of August*.

!Please keep your points short and concisely! and please only add
realistic points (e.g. having a conference in "other regions" and
disallow travel by airplane is ethically cool, but not realistic ;-)).

Afterwards I will call for a vote on the listed points, the points that
pass will be added to the RfP  for 2021.

4. Finally we need someone who takes care about adding the new points to
RfP, finalize it and put it into the appropriate place for the 2021
call. Please stand up.

So far & kind regards from hot and sunny Bonn,

Till

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2021_Bid_Process

[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members

[3]