[OSGeo-Conf] *IMPORTANT* Upcoming tasks for *RfP 2021*

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Jul 31 15:43:17 PDT 2019

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:58 PM Till Adams <till.adams at fossgis.de> wrote:

> Dear Conference Committee,
>
> as you have seen, I started an early preparation of the Call for
> location for 2021 [1], but time is running and we are not too far from
> releasing it.

Nice start.  Do you want to lead this RFP or are you open to others
leading it?  Is anyone interested in leading this?

> Connected to this, I have the followinfg issues:
>
> 1. If you have any issues regarding the time schedule, please stand up
> until *monday, 29th of July*.

Looks good to me.  Opinions outside of Europe and North America could
be useful too.

> 2. There was a discussion on who is an official voting member of OSGeo's
> CC and what happens to those, that do not vote. For this year, I propose
> the following:
>
>   2.a. I write an email to all listed members of the committee [2] once
> we agreed on the time schedule and ask everyone whether they will
> participate in the 2021 election. Anyone who does not respond at least
> to another inquiry will be excluded from the electoral process and
> deleted from the 2021 voters list in [1].
>
>   2.b. Everybody who agrees to vote but then does not do so without a
> valid reason or who does not react at all should explain why still being
> listed as a member of the committee or will be asked to resign.

In any case, the process has to proceed so I defer to either the chair
or the person running the process this year.

To committee members: LOOK ALIVE!  This is the thing that this
committee does.  Engage and let Till know that his emails aren't
disappearing into nowhere.

> 3. There have been some issues discussed on this list on how to change
> the RfP document or for adding missing points. For this, we still have
> some time, but ....
>
> ... following discussions on email lists is always a difficult matter.
> So, I created a sub-chapter on CC's WIKI page here [3]. Please feel free
> to add your points, that should be added to the RfP document [4] until
> *7th of August*.
>
> !Please keep your points short and concisely! and please only add
> realistic points (e.g. having a conference in "other regions" and
> disallow travel by airplane is ethically cool, but not realistic ;-)).
>
> Afterwards I will call for a vote on the listed points, the points that
> pass will be added to the RfP  for 2021.

Scanning the cookbook [5] for all the draft sections could be a way to
get ideas, [5] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook

> 4. Finally we need someone who takes care about adding the new points to
> RfP, finalize it and put it into the appropriate place for the 2021
> call. Please stand up.

I'm willing to handle the SVN side of things for anyone doing the
edits and work.  I can also help anyone learn to use SVN or get access
to have rights to make commits.

Best regards, Eli