[OSGeo-Conf] Reporting back form FOSS4G-NA TGP

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue May 7 15:18:15 PDT 2019

For the regional foss4g events I think it is appropriate to limit to the
region (North America / Oceana) but I am hesitant to limit applicants for
the global event?

Still I guess it is up to the goals of the local organizing committee (if
they are using the event to kickstart the local community then they may
wish to use the TGP to that end). I recommend being very clear in the form

I am not sure if I can determine if a few $1000 grants would help in the
short term or not. Long term I expect supporting a foss4g community in
Africa (or any region) is best done via the Local Chapters holding an event
rather than the TGP.

Would the conference committee be willing to accept bids from local
chapters to host a foss4g Africa? Are bids even needed since there was a
2017 event?
--
Jody Garnett