[OSGeo-Conf] Reporting back form FOSS4G-NA TGP

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue May 7 15:27:46 PDT 2019

We included the opportunity to sponsor the TGP program on an email to
sponsors, and the opportunity was also included in the web page
<https://2019.foss4g-na.org/tgp/> above. Even with that outreach one
sponsor came forward looking for TGP program opportunity before we had a
chance to ask.

With respect to regional events you are reminded that the North America
region is heading into a time of "rebooting" foss4gna. We were able to run
this event due to the quick action / leadership of Jeff Johnson, but going
forward we need to setup how to make the process fair/affordable/effective.
So far my best ideas are either to a) lean into the local chapters (even
though we do not have a lot of them) and ask if they wish to bid on the
event b) cast a wider reach for partnerships setting it up as a joint event
between local chapters and whatever other players are interested. I am
going to take my ideas to the foss4g na core committee in a bit, we have
until 2020 to sort something out :)

As for how much is a foss4g allowed to cost, we continue to run the OSGeo
budget so we can run a couple of global events with no profit. For the
regional events OSGeo is willing to act as a backstop as per budget and money
guidance
<https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/board/documents/osgeo_financial_guidence.pdf>
.
--