[OSGeo-Conf] [OSGeo-Discuss] Announcement: Call for Location global FOSS4G 2021

Mark Iliffe markiliffe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 07:05:14 PDT 2019

Hi Till, Prof Caner,

I'd like to endorse everything you've said above and add to Prof Caner the
best of luck with your bidding process!! While it is a very long process,
it is a very rewarding experience :-)

Till, this helps me articulate a thought that's been knocking around for a
while; In effect, instead of solely focusing on geographic region, is there
a mechanism (should there be?) to also consider development status as well
as region. I think it would be great to see a broader engagement with Asia
and South America [1], especially to utilize the "Rest of World" to
enfranchise others in the places where we can have the largest impact.

Cheers,

Mark

[1]
https://www.oecd.org/dac/financing-sustainable-development/development-finance-standards/DAC_List_ODA_Recipients2018to2020_flows_En.pdf