[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2020 Cancelation

Dave Mcilhagga dmcilhagga at mapsherpa.com
Wed Apr 22 11:54:41 PDT 2020

Hi Jonathan,

Really sorry (but understandable) that this needed to happen. Appreciation to you and your whole team on the efforts and making this important decision.

Food for thought for the committee — given all the work to date done on this, if Jonathan and team are interested - I think it would be worth considering having the team run this event at the first open year that has not yet been determined (would that be 2022??) without having to go back through the whole RFP process, as the vetting has already been done.

There’s been a lot of hard work put into this already, with sponsorship commitments etc… that could provide a big head start. And allow the opportunity for this to come to fruition without fully going back to the drawing board.

Dave

Dave McIlhagga

dmcilhagga at mapsherpa.com <mailto:dmcilhagga at mapsherpa.com>

Maps at your fingertips