[OSGeo-Conf] Mailchimp

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Fri May 15 08:51:22 PDT 2020

Dear Conference Committee,

We just had a meeting with the Calgary team to give us the credentials
of the shared accounts by all LOCs.

We have a question regarding MailChimp. We understand this is an
interesting tool that has been widely used in the past. Right now it
has a cost of 93€/month.

Considering we are not going to widely use it in the next few months,
we are going to export all the contacts to convert it to a free plan
for the time being and then decide at a later stage what to do with
it. Possibly reimport all the contacts and pay again, if there is no
better alternative.

Can the Conference Committee discuss to have some FOSS version of
this, like PHPList (https://github.com/phpList/phplist3 ), on OSGeo
servers that will allow us to do the same without depending on an
external provider?

Cheers,
María.