[OSGeo-Conf] Mailchimp

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Sat May 16 02:47:25 PDT 2020

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 11:35 AM María Arias de Reyna <delawen at gmail.com> wrote:

> > >How many contacts do we have?
>
> Slightly above 8300 contacts right now. Once we reach 10.000 it looks
> like the price goes up to 230€/month, if I understood it correctly.

Big fat fingers: it is 280€/month.

I think this also somehow links to the idea of having a software stack
for conferences that is shared not only among international FOSS4G but
also with regional and local events. We are already working on
adapting and deploying a  Pretix/Pretalx/Eventfahr/... which should
cover everything a FOSS4G needs for selling tickets, C4P, mobile app
and such.

Once we "own" it and know our way around it, the idea was to propose
to have OSGeo hosting it (with our LOC doing at least the initial
deployment) so it is a stable software stack to use:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/local-chapters/2019-September/000157.html

On this initial stack we didn't consider an alternative for mailchimp,
mostly because we weren't aware of how big it was become :)

About GDPR, all the software chosen is GDPR compliant. We just have to
take care of not migrating data from one country to another without
prior notice and not adding data without previous consent. Which is
something current SAC should be already doing with things like the
OSGeo LDAP accounts.