[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G NA 2022?

Guido Stein guido at guidostein.com
Sat Jul 31 12:43:25 PDT 2021

Hello folks,

I have been working at bringing people together to put together a FOSS4GNA
with the support of the OSGeo US Community and past organizers of the
conference.

There is no specific plan for 2021 or 2022. It is the feeling of most
people involved that if there is an event held this year it should be
online and that we should start planning an in-person event for next year.

I would be happy to discuss this further with Jonathan as well as support
any team that wants to run a NA event.

Personally, I am of a mind to split up the NA event into national
conferences until the NA community is strong enough to bring participants
and organizers from all the NA nations to participate in such a conference.

I hope this helps and am happy to discuss it further.

-Guido