[OSGeo-Conf] Firenze Full Proposal

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Wed May 5 23:26:05 PDT 2021

On Sat, 1 May 2021 at 21:02, Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Luca

Hi Steven,
sorry for the late reply

> Thanks for your detailed and clear proposal
>
> I have 3 questions for you:
>
> Can you provide a schedule of how the costs of a cancellation of a physical event (forced by government covid restrictions) increase month by month as you get closer to the event?

In case of a cancellation of a physical event forced by government
restrictions, there are some services that might be reimbursed by the
suppliers, still, it depends on when the restriction will be applied.
If the cancellation of the event should not depend on government
restrictions instead, all the advances already paid to the suppliers
would be lost.

Here below we can try to provide a schedule of costs month by month
but it’s just an economic simulation:

·         July 2021: 11000 €
·         October 2021: 17000€
·         Dicembre 2021: 12000€
·         April 2022: 26000€
·         May 2022: 15000€
·         June 2022: 15000€
·         July 2022: 207.000€
·         August 2022: remaining costs

> You have asked for seed funding of €60,000 plus a further guarantee of €25,000. Are you certain that €85,000 is the maximum possible loss?

No, we can't be sure though:

* that's the amount of money we are exhibiting OSGeo for and that
would cover our expenses until April, when we will certainly have
already decided whether the event will be physical, hybrid or online
* the problem is if we decide to do it physically and the month before
the conference an unforeseen event like COVID happens, so we are
considering the possibility of taking out an ad hoc insurance.

> What organisation will OSGeo be contacting with?

GFOSS.it is the Italian Local Chapter and main organizer for FOSS4G
2022 and the direct contact with OSGeo. GFOSS.it will sign a contract
with AIM (PCO) for the management of the event.

--
regards
Luca

www.lucadelu.org