[OSGeo-Conf] OSGeo Oceania TGP request - please act as soon as possible

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 08:06:20 PST 2022

Thanks Steven, Maria

Looking in the bylaws [1] and using the same rules as the board, it
seems we need a quorum of the committee (at least half the members
[2]) and a majority in the quorum. Taking into account Steven, Eli and
Till's retirement a quorum is 7, and we have 6 active (have voted)
here. At least one more person is needed, along with their vote.

I'd like to set a deadline to vote at 12 December, 16:00 UTC.

That deadline is because this decision really is overdue, and the
board meets on 12 December, 16:00 UTC (https://meet.jit.si/OsgeoBoard
) - I will add an agenda item for this discussion and seeing if we can
get a resolution, please come along! A surge in votes before the
meeting - a decision taken actively  by this committee - will make the
discussion a lot easier :D

What does this committee think about Steven's question? I see three
questions in total:

1. is this type of decision (travel grants) one which the committee no
longer wants to be responsible for?
2. Steven's question - is the committee viable?
3. how can we help make the committee viable / functioning again - can
the board do anything?

Thanks,

Adam

[1] https://www.osgeo.org/about/bylaws/, section 4.5