[OSGeo-Conf] RfP FOSS4G2024

massimiliano cannata massimiliano.cannata at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 04:52:02 PST 2022

Dear Adam,
Not sure to get what you are meaning...
You don't like the support from global organizations? Like those that
defines SDGs and humanitarian missions?

Back to the discussion... What is the reason for the current rotation rule
that favorite EU-NA?

I have always pragmatically tough (but I'm maybe wrong) that is because:
- most of developers and members are from those part of the world
- this guarantee an higher number of participants which is good for the
community and the finances

Any other points?

As an equitable and global community I strongly believe we should promote
the spread of open source geospatial in every corner of the world.

The fact is that in my opinion to make it effectively happen we should have
a well defined strategy and resource plan...

Maxi