[OSGeo-Conf] RfP FOSS4G2024

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Fri Dec 30 05:39:57 PST 2022

This is a very valid point Maria!

The current structure is not a nice one for sponsors to OSGeo. For my business it makes total sense to only sponsor events. They provide most of the visibility, not the listing on the OSGeo website (with the lowest sponsorship level you basically have the same visibility as a diamond sponsor since the list is randomly visualised) or at the footer of an email. While I would personally prefer to sponsor OSGeo directly. But that does not provide any benefit to my company when we want to also sponsor an event like FOSS4G. So we only sponsor events to get the best exposure. In short: If we were to sponsor OSGeo directly, I would like to see a very attractive option to be/become a conference sponsor instead. This is not the current situation. It would be a lot better to have something like a base sponsorship to OSGeo and then the right to be an event sponsor at the same level with a minimal extra investment, like 5% of the regular event sponsorship fee. (consider that just appearing at a conference with a booth & people is costly in itself). It will create long term relationships between OSGeo and (some) sponsors. One time sponsors to events would pay the full sponsorship fees instead.

Cheers,

Jeroen

---- On Fri, 16 Dec 2022 11:22:56 +0100 María Arias de Reyna <delawen at gmail.com> wrote ---