[OSGeo-Conf] [OSGeo-Discuss] Poll: Change FOSS4G structure to have some continuity of organization and management

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Feb 17 21:02:33 PST 2022

Hello all,

It has been two weeks on this poll and we have heard from 7 of 19 voting
members or 37%.  63% have not responded.

Till, Peter, David B, Maria B, Vasile, David F, Gavin, Claude, Venkatesh,
Paul, Msilikale, and Mark have not responded (or I missed it).  Do any of
you have an opinion on this matter?

Some of the best ideas and contributions to the conference committee have
come from non-voting members and that remains a possibility.  In my mind
Jeroen has provided valuable insight on conferences for ten years or more.
I greatly value that.  The focus on voting members is to try to get
and is sometimes unwieldy.  If the voting members are unable to operate (or
even decide if they want to try operating on something), then we don't have
to waste time on it.

Best regards, Eli