[OSGeo-Conf] OSGeo Oceania TGP request - please act as soon as possible

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:49:46 PST 2022

Hi conference committee

I'm writing to ask the committee to come to a decision about the OSGeo
Oceania TGP funding request [1]. While we don't see any negative
been reached" [2,3]

We discussed how to proceed at the board meeting 28-11-2022 [4], and
decided that we do not want to over-ride decision processes which are
delegated to committees.

So, we ask the committee members who have not responded to find the
motion [5] in their inboxes and send a +1, 0, or -1 in response.

The idea of TGP applications going to this committee for approval
comes from the OSGeo TGP cookbook [6]. If the conference committee no
longer wants to make decisions about TGP funding, that is OK - and
also something you need to decide about then let the OSGeo Board know.

Because the conference is already underway, travel grant funds have
already been spent - so this is now a retrospective request. In any
case, the decision to commit funds (or not) needs to be made by the
conference committee as soon as possible.

Thanks, and kind regards,

Adam, on behalf of the OSGeo Board.

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2022-October/005845.html
[2] votes summary: