[OSGeo-Conf] RfP FOSS4G2025

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Dec 4 09:16:06 PST 2023

Thanks for this Vasile. I think the RFP document is looking pretty good these days, I mostly worry about responses :)

> On Dec 3, 2023, at 10:08 PM, 신상희(Sanghee Shin) via Conference_dev <conference_dev at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>
> 2. I'm not fully convinced why CC should give a higher preference to North America region in case of a tie.

Mostly because we haven’t had an NA conference in a while… I mean, even without an official preference in the document, I am sure many of us in our hearts, facing two otherwise-similar proposals might say to ourselves “hey, NA hasn’t had an international conference in a while”. Only question is if we want to be explicit about it. I think just letting the “best" proposal win will be fine.

ATB,