[OSGeo-Conf] Did I miss a vote or something?

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 07:03:43 PDT 2023

On Sat, 1 Jul 2023 at 10:41, Tatiana Pará <tatianamdefreitas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Shin and other OSGEO members.

Dear Tatiana,

> In recent months we exchanged some e-mails on this list (conference_dev) and among the possible possibilities, I suggested Brazil as a possible host.
> With that, we joined the Brazilian team with the support of the experienced team from Argentina and we are making the proposal to present.
> Even knowing that the time and deadline are out of schedule, we have a proposal almost ready, with the last details of the budget remaining.
>
> I share our document with you so that you can see it, but I inform you that it is not yet the final version, as some adjustments are still being made to this document.
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/13pFu_7dltGSVwH5IqJ1csq6mCoiENGhNZuq7R_Ymgb4/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks a lot for your proposal, it looks really promising.
I have a couple of questions:
- why did you move ice-breaker and social dinner from their common
schedule, specially ice-breaker on monday doesn't look a good choice
for my point of view
- can you explain a little bit more what is your idea "Conference
Software Stack for OSGeo", we already provide some services (like
pretalx and photoprisma) to support conferences

I would also suggest increasing the number of LOC members because the
activities to do are really many ;-)

Remember that since last year we created a Conference Resources [0]
working group to support conference organizer

[0] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Resources

--
ciao
Luca