[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2024 - BRAZIL (BRASIL)

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Jun 2 11:18:44 PDT 2023

> On Jun 1, 2023, at 7:01 AM, María Arias de Reyna <delawen at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Tatiana, could you prepare a proposal as requested in
> https://www.osgeo.org/wp-content/uploads/FOSS4G2023-request-for-proposal-sf-vc.pdf?
> I think that could help easy any doubts we may have about hosting
> FOSS4G in Belém. It is a work the organization team will have to do
> anyway to host it, so it is not as if it is wasted time :)

Having just been talking events with some folks at pgcon, one thing I am reminded of is that the clock is a relentless enemy: venues will be booking up, vendors will be getting full, etc, etc, etc. And we’re running late on this years process. Is it clear what we are asking for? LOI or bid document? Because with the exception of things like pricing information and sponsor qualification, most of my core questions as a committee member get answered in the LOI. We should commit to turn around a review of whatever they submit as fast as possible.