[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2024 in Belem, Brazil

michael terner ternergeo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 11:27:18 PDT 2023

To Paul's question about historic attendance of host country/continent,
below is a summary of all FOSS4G conferences based on data that were made
available (details on this spreadsheet are below). The "host country"
attendance is one of those metrics.
Luca and the Florence LOC shared their data as well and the screenshot
below shows the continental distribution:
*Spreadsheet data origins:*
After the Boston Conference in 2017, we "modernized" the FOSS4G "conference
stats" spreadsheet (i.e., the older sheet had become a bit unruly), and
that's what you're seeing. Each conference has its own tab with each team's
data. While each tab has variation, we've been able to generate some useful
summary statistics and we've shared the spreadsheet with any LOCs that are
interested. Equally, the individual tabs give you the specific information
for individual conferences.

I hope this helps...

MT