[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Belem

George Porto Ferreira georgeportoferreira at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 12:37:22 PDT 2023

Hello everyone!

Who writes here (for the first time) is George Porto Ferreira. I work at
the Brazilian Institute of the Environment (IBAMA) and, in the years 2016
and 2018, I organized the Brazilian edition of FOSS4G GOV (
https://doity.com.br/foss4gisgov).
Currently, I am doing my Ph.D. at UBC in Vancouver.

I am writing to say that I am on the team (even if remotely) to organize
FOSS4G Belem, and I believe we will be able to make a great event in the
Amazon Rainforest, even though we are starting a little late with the
organization.

As for concerns about flights, I believe that new lines are being opened
with COP30 in Belem. Today there are at least two direct flights to Belem
from the USA (GTP, FLL) and one from Europe (Lisbon). Still, there are
plenty of flights to Belem if your first destination in Brazil is any other
regional capital.

As Tatiana already informed you, we will send the proposal by the 17th.

I take this opportunity to thank the team from Argentina who is being our
guides and is embarking once again on the challenge of organizing an event
of this size.

Good week to all!
George Porto Ferreira <https://geog.ubc.ca/profile/george-ferreira/> (he,
him, his <https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>)
Ph.D. Student | Research Assistantship
Schwartz Geospatial Ecology Lab  <https://blogs.ubc.ca/schwartzlab/>(Room
105)
Department of Geography <https://geog.ubc.ca/>
The University of British Columbia <https://www.ubc.ca/>
Vancouver Campus | Musqueam Traditional Territory
1984 West Mall <https://goo.gl/maps/Wen2irez1RBtJQnc9> | Vancouver BC | V6T
1Z2 Canada