[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4GNA Future Planning Question

Ariel Anthieni aanthieni at kan.com.ar
Wed Sep 13 10:03:30 PDT 2023

Dear Guido,

As you mention, the FOSS4G International Belén 2024 will be held in the
week of December 2 to 8. We proposed this date so that we have time for the
organization since our proposal for the FOSS4G International 2024 was last
minute.

We are excited to be part of this great experience, to bring colleagues
from all over the world to Latin America, specifically to the Amazon region.

It is the first time that we have held a conference of this magnitude in
the region in person, which is why we decided to combine the Argentina and
Brazil teams since in 2021, unfortunately, due to the pandemic, we were
unable to hold the conference in person.

Within the effort to involve all communities that are not in Latin America,
it would be very helpful for us if the regional FOSS4G that are held in
different countries and as important as the FOSS4GNA is are before or in
the month of July, so that they do not disperse attendees and community
resources, achieving this the greatest success path for everyone.

We would appreciate you considering these dates and we are open to any
feedback to positively build the best option for the community.

See you at FOSS4GNA 2023 to talk in person. :)

Best regards.

*Ariel Anthieni*
CEO

<https://twitter.com/KanTerritoryIT>