[OSGeo-Discuss] Packaging an Integrated Geospatial Stack

raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Aug 17 06:43:33 PDT 2006

Hi Jody,

Jody Garnett wrote:
> Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>> Amongst the OSGEO software projects, the CD contains all packages
>> expect GeoTools and MapGuide OS. Maybe in future release we can
>> include them too.
> Cool, we have published a PostGIS, GeoServer, MapBuilder, uDig stack
> on conference CDs before.  GeoTools is a bit hard to include in a stack
> by itself as it is only a library.

What distribution did you use to make
the conference CD?

Our idea of a stack is to have to binary
packages (in our case RPM) but also necessary development
libraries that enable users to recompile RPM packages
if necessary. A little tweaking (version change etc.)
of RPM spec files allows updated OSGeo software to be
packaged on the users machine.
This way, we think that our CD would useful to a user as
well as developers (who use mandriva 2006).

In developing the CD, we have recompiled SRPM packages derived
from various sources on Mandriva Linux after making some changes
in the RPM spec files.

PostGIS rpm is included in the CD. Have been trying to find
a Geoserver Source RPM. If you have already created the RPM
pl. let us know. we can try if the package would work on
Mandriva 2006.

Regards

Venka