testing an OSGeo IRC blog bot

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sat Aug 19 04:49:23 PDT 2006

dear all,

self-selecting cabal of IRC people discussing and deciding about what
OSGeo is trying to do?" i set up a chump bot on irc.freenode.net#osgeo

http://frot.org/osgeo/irc/
http://frot.org/osgeo/irc/2006/08/18/ e.g. for daily archives
http://frot.org/osgeo/irc/index.rss - updated each 5 mins if nesc
http://www.ddj.com/184412325 - about this bot + practise

This bot listens to URLs which are at the beginning of a line then one
can annotate them, there should be better auto-titling, etc. Even if
it does not catch on as a 'collective blogging' mechanism it should
still provide a selected flavour of what is being passed around on irc.
I have been dropping URLs of 'mailing list posts of particular
interest' in here too. We'll see if it catches on at all...

cheers,

jo