Mobile GIS reloaded

Silke Reimer Silke.Reimer at intevation.de
Fri Aug 25 05:44:44 PDT 2006

Hallo!

I have been very pleased to see the thread about Mobile GIS on
osgeo-discuss when I have come back from a three weeks vacation
time. This kind of applications seems to become increasingly
important and it would really nice to have a framework of Free GIS
tools to fulfill certain main tasks.

There has been the idea to have a BOF session at Lausanne. So far
two persons have announced their interest: Tim Bowden and Mateusz
Loskot. I am interested as well and wanted to now whether there are
already more concrete plannings around.

Furthermore I wanted to know whether there are any news about
hosting a mobile gis development at maptools (Tyler?). If not I can
offer project registration on wald.intevation.org, which is a
platform based on gforge. Thus SVN, issue tracker, Wiki,
email lists etc. could be made availabe in short term. We just would
have to decide for a name and for project admin(s).

Many greetings,

    Silke

--
Silke Reimer   : www.intevation.de/~silke | GISpatcher: www.gispatcher.de