[OSGeo-Discuss] Mobile GIS reloaded

Bob Basques bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Aug 25 07:37:45 PDT 2006

Silke Reimer wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> I have been very pleased to see the thread about Mobile GIS on
> osgeo-discuss when I have come back from a three weeks vacation
> time. This kind of applications seems to become increasingly
> important and it would really nice to have a framework of Free GIS
> tools to fulfill certain main tasks.
>
> There has been the idea to have a BOF session at Lausanne. So far
> two persons have announced their interest: Tim Bowden and Mateusz
> Loskot. I am interested as well and wanted to now whether there are
> already more concrete plannings around.
>
> Furthermore I wanted to know whether there are any news about
> hosting a mobile gis development at maptools (Tyler?). If not I can
> offer project registration on wald.intevation.org, which is a
> platform based on gforge. Thus SVN, issue tracker, Wiki,
> email lists etc. could be made availabe in short term. We just would
> have to decide for a name and for project admin(s).
>
> Many greetings,
>
>     Silke

All,

I've not been posting because of other pressing needs.  But I can now
announce that I may have some hardware available to test some things
with, although these might be a little left of the field vs mainstream.

    * Recent MACBook Pro purchase.
    * Socket BlueTooth GPS
    * Working  on an AirCard of some sort for Wireless.  I can use My
      Treo650 in a pinch as a modem, still not my preference at this
      point though.

I read some way back that there was a WIKI setup for some of the item
already written up, can someone point me to it easily?

bobb