[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [Geowanking] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Input regarding Axis Order Confusion

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Dec 15 15:01:22 PST 2006

Allan Doyle wrote:

> There could always be a community (can you say "mass market"?) profile
> that takes 1.1.1 and lays the good parts of 1.3 on top.

I'd be interested in forking WMS to add support for DescribeFeatureType
to it, so that arbitrary external styling was possible. (My favourite
ranting point.)  Also, selection.  10 years later and we might achieve
functional parity with ArcXML.

Also to extend the "geodetic exception for axis order" in WMS 1.1.1 to
cover all geodetic systems, not just 4326.  (Which is practically what
folks do anyways, it's just not explicit in the document.)

P.