[OSGeo-Discuss] Open Source GIS and accessing various special needs populations.

Mike Saunt mikesaunt at astuntechnology.com
Mon Dec 18 13:30:41 PST 2006

Hi David

We use UMN MapServer here in the UK and have a number of authorities using
it in earnest.  We have a solution specific to their needs called iShareMaps
- it has a map portal (normal web mapping) and also My House.  My House
enables people to simply put their address in and MapServer then queries
lots of layers and returns the results - find nearest, point in polygon etc.

The My House is accessible via Text Browsers and a like and therefore meets
a lot of accessibility guidelines.

Here is a link that someone else mentioned our stuff last Friday!!
http://grantbroome.blogspot.com/2006/12/gis-accessibility.html

HTH

Cheers
Mike