[OSGeo-Discuss] Canned slide deck

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 17 07:12:17 PST 2006

Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> A lot of us participate in various industry and community groups and
> events, and I'm already seeing requests of the form "hey, can you take
> 5/10/30 minutes and describe this OSGeo thing for us at the next XYZ
> meeting?"
>
> It Would Be Nice(tm) if we could put together a basic set of slides
> describing what OSGeo does, who we are, etc, etc.  Perhaps two versions,
> one short and one long.
>
> (If folks agree, I'd be happy to help with this.)
>
> But of course, we'd need to pick a logo first... :-)

Michael,

Arnulf is proposing forming a committee that would include producing
promotional material and presentation material.  I certainly think this
is an important early initiative and will help us ensure a reasonably
unified message with regard to OSGeo.

Perhaps we still have time to get a motion on the table for todays
Board meeting to designate such a committee.

Best regards,