[OSGeo-Discuss] Volunteer for translations

Alexandre Leroux alexandreleroux at mac.com
Wed Feb 22 12:13:42 PST 2006

Hi,

I just started the Press Release French translation over the wiki.
Only the first paragraphs have been processed and I'll try to finish
the work before the end of the month, working on this as fast as I
can devote more time.

I never introduced myself, let's do just that :-) I'm Alex, one of
the slashgeo.org founders. slashgeo.org is managed by a non-profit
organization with very compatible goals to OSGeo. You can get a short
analysis on the project's status here: http://slashgeo.slashgeo.org/
article.pl?sid=06/02/03/1740202

I do not plan to be directly active within the OSGeo Foundtation at
this time. Even if I can help with small tasks such as important
translations. I already have my hands full with the slashgeo project
and my real day work at Environment Canada (and my non-digital
life :-). However, as a French-speaking canadian from the province of
Québec, I have a strong interest to participate if a regional OSGeo
is setted for my area.

Cheers and long live the new Foundation :-)

Alex