[OSGeo-Discuss] project tracker question

Andrew Kelly akelly at collab.net
Wed Jul 5 07:42:01 PDT 2006

Paul,

I'm fairly sure I know what you are running into.  When you query on
multiple artifact types (in your case, defects and enhancements) the
query window only displays as choices the fields that are common to
both.  I just checked out the enhancement artifact, and it doesn't
include sub-component, hence you don't see that field when you query for
enhancements.

In this case, you should only choose "defect" as the artifact type in
the query, and you'll get all those fields to choose from.  It also
sounds to me like you may want to extend the "enhancement" artifact to
include more field.  If that's the case, work with me and I'll make the
changes.  I'll need to know what fields you see in "defect" that are
relevant in "enhancement", and I'll add them.

One other note, just for your own knowledge.  PT has 2 query tabs:
"query" and "advanced query".  The "query" tab includes only those
fields that are commonly queried on, while the "advanced query" tab
contains all fields of an artifact.  Most fields in the mapguide
"defect" artifact have been tagged as common, so I don't think we have a
problem there.

Let me know if you need any more help, and if you want changes made to
the "enhancement" artifact.

Cheers,
Andrew K.
CollabNet