[OSGeo-Discuss] Proposal to find an alternative to Collabnet

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Jul 17 13:33:39 PDT 2006

The main migration pain I have seen (and even, experienced!) is not
with source code, it's with the associated reference materials:

- Mailing list archives (not as easy as source code, but still not
super hard)
- Documentation (easy if you manage it in CVS as docbook xml, for
example, but nobody does that, they use...)
- Wikis and CMSs (you're screwed! they all seem different in just
enough ways to make a clean migration will-nigh impossible)

The other painful migration tasks usually relate to things like
continuous build farms and online demos, which require specific
services set up on the host machines, etc.

P.