[OSGeo-Discuss] Mobile GPS data collection...

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Thu Jul 27 11:23:20 PDT 2006

The UI is the most important thing, agreed.

The most important thing in our UIs is the Map. It's hard to have a useful UI for a map to replace paper on a device that is 1/8 the size of the paper.

And, the economics of CE that drove its creatuion 10 years ago are not the same today. A useful iPaq is $600 and a useful - some would say more useful - laptop $700.