[OSGeo-Discuss] Mobile GPS data collection...

bob.b at gritechnologies.com bob.b at gritechnologies.com
Mon Jul 31 09:26:00 PDT 2006

All,

The statement about wireless web was meant to suggest using a wireless syncing when available, and t have manual syncing as a default state of operation.

This is really just an attempt at automating the syncing to the fullest possible extent.

For example, i have field personnel that go underground and won't even have the map tracking function, and they will need to do a bit more data entry and be a bit more aware of their location based on the available GPS location provided.

My desire is for the portable torun standalone while out of contact, and then to sync automatically once a network is established.

Bobb